Our inspiring overview is coming soon. For now, here is what MSR has to say:
This enhanced PocketRocket stove boasts premium features, including a pressure regulator that makes it ideal for all-condition environments, offering consistently faster boil times than non-regulated canister-mounted stoves. Just a smidge heavier (10 g/ 0.3 oz, or the weight of two nickels) than the PocketRocket 2 stove, this ultralight deluxe version features the most durable push-start Piezo Igniter we’ve ever built and a broad burner head for better heat distribution and simmering. For backpackers traveling fast & light on the trail, or a quick weekend in the Cascade Range, this deluxe model offers one of the best overall cooking experiences in its ultralight class.
Our in-depth features analysis are forthcoming. For now, here is how MSR puts it:
- Consistently Fast: Pressure regulator maintains stove’s fast boil times even in cold weather & with low fuel.
- Ultralight: Just 83 g (2.9 oz) and ultra-packable; expands the menu options for ultralight backpacking.
- Push-Start Ignition: Fast, reliable piezo lighting; spark igniter is protected inside burner for maximum durability.
- Broad Burner: Improves wind resistance and combines with simmer control for excellent cooking versatility; wind-blocking burner lip.
Our clear and concise specs will be ready soon. For now, here is how MSR puts it:
- Width (Standard): 2.2 in
- Length (Standard): 1.8 in
- Minimum Weight (Standard): 2.9 oz
- Packaged Weight (Standard): 3.4 oz
- Burn time (MSR IsoPro) per 227-g / 8-oz. Canister: 60 minutes
- Water boiled (MSR IsoPro) per 1 oz. of fuel: 2.2 liters
- Weight (Standard): 2.9 oz
- Height (Standard) : 3.3 in
- Minimum Weight (Metric): 0.08 kg
- Packaged Weight (Metric): 0.10 kg
- Water boiled (MSR IsoPro) per 227-g canister: 17 liters
- Boil time (MSR IsoPro), 1 liter: 3.5 minutes