Our inspiring overview is coming soon. For now, here is what Hyperlite has to say:
The UltaMid 4 has the dimensions to accommodate a group of four, serve as a basecamp shelter, or provide protection for packrafting, alpine expedition, or bikepacking gear.
When it comes to portable shelter, few designs have been as thoroughly time-tested and proven as those built in the pyramid-style. Theyre easy to set up, efficiently spacious, and because of things like physics, incredibly capable of providing sanctuary in all but the most extreme weather.
While the remarkable 1.44 lbs. weight of the UltaMid 4 will be a welcome reduction to any kits overall mass, put any concerns to rest that it translates to a sacrifice in durability. The 100% waterproof Dyneemaﾮ Composite Fabrics used to build this elegant structure will outlast garden-variety silnylon materials many times over. Get cozy with the idea of unpacking the comfort and security of home, wherever home may be, for years to come.
Use it with the UltaMid 4 Mesh Insert without a floor, or with the Full or Half Insert with a DCF11 floor. Set up with adjustable trekking poles or suspend from central peak. Available in Classic White or Spruce Green. Stake kits sold separately.
Our in-depth features analysis are forthcoming. For now, here is how Hyperlite puts it:
- Made in America
- Fully seam sealed
- Constructed out of DCF8 Dyneemaﾮ Composite Fabrics (formerly Cuben Fiber)
- Water resistant two-way zipper
- Ships in an X-Large DCF8 Drawstring Stuff Sack for storage
- 8 reinforced perimeter tie-outs
- Line locks on all perimeter tie-outs
- 4 center panel tie-outs
- Specially designed cone to prevent deformation when using oddly shaped poles, paddles, sticks or skis.
- Dual peak vents with no-see-um mesh
- Tie out on cone for hanging the mid from a tree
- Larger than traditional mids
- Equipped with eight 3 2.8mm UHMWPE Core Guy Lines for perimeter tie-outs
- Includes additional 100 of 2.8mm UHMWPE Core Guy Lines for center panel tie-outs
- Can be pitched high off the ground or tight to the ground
- Use for four-season Backpacking, Alpine climbing, Ski touring, Packrafting, and more
Our clear and concise specs will be ready soon. For now, here is how Hyperlite puts it:
1.44 lbs | 23.03 oz | 653g
Weight includes perimeter guy lines only.
Packed Size: 10 x 7 x 5.5 | 25.4cm x 17.8cm x 14cm
Area: 85 sq. ft.
Click here to learn more about our fabrics.
- Width: 111 | 281.9cm
- Length: 111 | 281.9cm
- Height: 75 | 190.5cm