Our inspiring overview is coming soon. For now, here is what Hyperlite has to say:
A collection of memories and overnight experiences on trails around the world designed the Dirigo 2. Countless stories from within our team and from our accomplished ambassadors and friends helped us arrive at the same conclusions about what makes for a perfect evening vs. a less-than-stellar retreat. The Dirigo 2 is 28 oz of protection against any more unwanted moisture, setup steps, separate pieces, excessive hardware, or additional weight, and our insurance that going forward, ultralight camping out in the wild couldn’t get much better.
The Dirigo 2 is a self-contained, three-season, two-person shelter constructed with a blend of five different Dyneema® Composite Fabrics optimally placed throughout this minimalist but feature-packed structure for the best ratios of weight, waterproofness, breathability, and long-term durability. This 100% waterproof fabric eliminates the need for a separate rainfly, and the strongest man-made fibers in the world laid out in a grid within these fabrics means you can pitch the Dirigo 2 without a ground sheet, too. Since you’re using trekking poles for incredibly robust structural support, you don’t need to carry separate small diameter aluminum poles, either. Less hardware to fail, and less to fiddle with when Mother Nature decides to pull a really fast one on you with unexpected weather.
Hand built in Biddeford, Maine by highly-skilled craftspeople using some of the best manufacturing equipment in the world, the Dirigo 2 is a prime example of what a decade of knowledge with game-changing high-tech fabrics can produce.
The future is now.
- Easy entry/exit for two with dual entry
- Breathable panels at head and foot to combat condensation
- Two vestibules for exterior gear storage with #5 YKK Aquaguard® Zippers
- Two large mesh walls for maximum ventilation
- Pitches with two trekking poles and eight stakes
- Carbon Fiber ‘Ridge Bar’ adds superior strength and stability
- Reflective guy-out points
- Internal mesh hanging stow pocket
- Internal D-rings for clothesline
- Two side wall guy-out points for increased internal space
- Fully seam-sealed
- Line-locs on all guy-out points
- Includes X-Large Drawstring Stuff Sack for storage
- Stake Kit sold separately
- Made in Biddeford, Maine, USA
1.75 lbs | 28 oz | 794g
Weight includes perimeter guy lines only.
Exterior Walls: DCF8 / DCF-WPB
Interior Doors: No-See-Um Mesh
Trekking Pole Grommets: DCH50
Peak Trekking Pole Cups: DCHW
Packed Size: 12” x 8” x 6” | 30.4cm x 20.3cm x 15.2cm
Interior Peak Height: 45″ | 114.5cm
Floor Area: 52″ (W) x 90″ (L) | 32.5 sq. ft.
Pitched Dimensions: 92″ (W) x 95″ (L)
Pole Length: 49″ | 125cm
Vestibule Area: 6.25 sq. ft. per vestibule (12.5 sq. ft. total)
Max Capacity: Two people
Number of Doors: Two
Number of Vestibules: Two
Number of Pockets: One Interior hanging mesh pocket