The most important thing about a helmet is that it looks good right? Hehe, of course its gotta also protect your head. This helmet has built in MIPS technology to do just that.
Now that we’ve got the basics covered, we can also mention that this helmet comes fully loaded with all of the features you want, great ventilation, adjustable visor, goggle integration and a breakaway mount for a light or camera.
And here is how Giro themselves explains this helmet:
With all of the Features a core rider needs including MIPS Technology, a breakaway camera mount and plenty of ventilation, the Montaro MIPS Helmet lets you rip the trails in comfort while documenting the adventure too.
Its compact shape offers deep, confident coverage, and the Roc Loc Air fit system boosts ventilation while improving fit. In addition to this helmets already impressive cooling power, its outfitted with a plush antimicrobial brow pad that helps keep you comfortable and focused on the trail. The Montaro MIPS? has been designed to have full goggle integration, with strap grippers on the back of the helmet, and a P.O.V. Plus visor that allows you to lift the visor and place your goggles on the front of the helmet. Another great feature, the breakaway camera mount integration, a clever interface for your favorite light or camera.
- ROC LOC 5 AIR FIT SYSTEM – This revolutionary fit system adds a new dimension to helmet performance by enhancing cooling, as well as fit comfort and stability. Using a patented design that suspends the helmet just slightly off the top of the skull, Roc Loc 5 Air allows cool airflow to pass directly over your head, further enhancing the performance of vents and internal channeling that exhaust heat out of the helmet. Fit and feel adjustments mimic the Roc Loc 5, allowing you to easily custom tune fit tension and fore-aft tilt of the helmet in seconds using a single hand.
- MIPS – All Giro helmets are designed to reduce as much energy as possible while meeting and exceeding stringent safety standards. The goal of Giro’s MIPS-equipped helmets is to reduce rotational forces. Giro believes that helmets equipped with this technology can reduce the amount of rotational force that may be transferred to rider’s brain in certain impacts.
- ROLL CAGE REINFORCEMENT – Roll Cage is a light-yet-tough web of reinforcement invisibly molded inside a helmet’s EPS foam liner. It helps the helmet to hold together under impact, and provides an extra measure of strength and integrity that you’ll never notice…unless you need it.
- HYDROPHILIC PADDING – The Hydrophilic Pad can absorb up to 10 times its own weight in water, helping you manage sweat while riding. The pad retains moisture to prevent sweat from dripping into your eyes, and then dries quickly. The antimicrobial, X-Static lining helps to reduce odor, keeping your helmet fresh.
- POV PLUS VISOR – Our P.O.V. Plus visor features an adjustment mechanism that lets you move the visor up and down in indexed steps. These steps include three riding positions plus a high position for goggle storage above your brow. The design allows you to easily adjust your visor with one hand while riding.
- XS 18.5 – 20 in 47 – 51 cm
- S 20 – 21.65 in 51 – 55 cm
- M 21.65 – 23.25 in 55 – 59 cm
- L 23.25 – 24.8 in 59 – 63 cm
- XL 24.8 – 25.6 in 63 – 65 cm
- Ventilation Internal Channeling
- Vents 16
- Certification CPSC Bicycle
- Construction Roll Cage Reinforcement, Full Goggle Integration With Strap Grippers
- Fit System Roc Loc 5 Air