Smart cycling computers with GPS just got smarter. The Garmin 510 connects wirelessly to your smartphone to help you train better, analyze your rides, and boast about it to your friends on social media.
The Edge 510 attaches easily to the stem or handlebars of your bike with its low-profile bike mount. The computer locks in securely with a simple quarter-turn. When you’re ready to ride, just power on your Edge, acquire GPS satellites, and go.
During your ride, the Edge 510 measures your speed, distance, time, calories burned, altitude, climb and descent, and records this data for your review.
The Edge 510 works with third-party ANT+-enabled power meters to display your power output in watts as you ride. This valuable data shows you how hard you’re working, regardless of conditions affecting your ride.
Pssst: Save on accessories when you buy the Performance Bundle for only $239.99. Includes a premium ANT+™ compatible heart rate monitor (currently $35.39) a speed/cadence sensor (currently $35.99) and an “out front” bike mount (currently $23.99). Even if you only need two of these accessories, you will come out ahead.
Train on the Edge
The touchscreen Edge 510 is designed for the competitive cyclist who seeks the most accurate and comprehensive ride data. Connected features1 through your smartphone include live tracking, social media sharing and weather. Whether you’re training, racing or touring, Edge 510 tracks the details of your ride. You can view it later on a map at Garmin Connect™. Compatible with GPS and GLONASS satellites for faster satellite acquisition and improved signal lock, the 510 is suited for the most challenging conditions, such as canyons.
Track Every Detail
The 510 records your distance, speed metrics, ascent/descent, grade and more. Take your training farther with ANT+™-compatible sensors that measure your heart rate2, speed/cadence2 and power3. Activity profiles let you customize data fields and device settings based on cycling activity, such as training or racing. Switch profiles with a simple swipe of the touchscreen and the 510 will be set up to show the data for that ride. When you complete a ride, the 510 displays any new personal records you achieved, such as farthest distance or most ascent gained.
Edge 510 offers a suite of connected features when paired with your smartphone (iOS® or Android™) and the Garmin Connect™ Mobile app. Get comprehensive, accurate ride data from a dedicated device, while saving your phone battery. Edge tracks the data and sends it to your phone using Bluetooth®. Stay connected and share all the details of your ride with friends, family and social media. Post an update immediately after your ride or race. Create the posts via your smartphone, and the ride data’s already there, thanks to the interface with Garmin Connect Mobile.
Live Tracking lets friends and family follow your races and training activities in real time. Invite followers using email or social media, and they can view your live data on Garmin Connect. Once they get your email invite, they can follow and see your stats and location on the map.
Get real-time weather conditions, forecasts and alerts (in areas with coverage) directly on the Edge 510 when paired with a smartphone and the Garmin Connect Mobile app. Your smartphone stays safe and dry, while the weather data you need is right at your fingertips.
Wireless Data Transfers
Instantly store, share and analyze every detail of your ride. Using Garmin Connect Mobile, you can wirelessly upload completed activities from your device as soon as you are finished. Activities can be automatically or manually uploaded. Once your ride has posted to Garmin Connect, your own “connections” can view them. You can also search your courses and workouts4 stored at Garmin Connect, download to your smartphone, then send directly to your Edge 510 — wirelessly. You can then navigate to the start of the course and use the Virtual Partner® feature on your Edge to race your previous activities in real time.
Purpose-built Bike Computer
Edge 510 is rugged and waterproof, and has up to a 20-hour battery life. The touchscreen is easy to operate, even with a gloved finger and when wet. Mounting options include a new out-front mount2 for heads-up positioning and a standard quarter-turn mount. It also comes with a tether so you don’t lose it in the event of a spill.
1When paired with compatible iOS or Android device.
2Sold separately (but included when you buy the Garmin Edge 510 Performance Bundle Cycling Computer with GPS for $239.99).
3When paired with ANT+ power meter.
4A future release of Garmin Connect Mobile will allow exploring and downloading courses and workouts from other Garmin Connect users.
- Garmin Connect™ compatible (online community where you analyze, categorize and share data)
- Virtual Partner® (train against a digital person)
- Courses (compete against previous activities)
- Auto Pause® (pauses and resumes timer based on speed)
- Auto Lap® (automatically starts a new lap)
- Auto Scroll (cycles through data pages during workout)
- Advanced workouts (create custom, goal-oriented workouts)
- Time/distance alert (triggers alarm when you reach goal)
- Interval training (set up exercise and rest intervals)
- Heart rate-based calorie computation
- Customizable screen(s)
- Barometric altimeter
- Power meter compatible (displays power data from compatible 3rd party ANT+™-enabled power meters) records data approximately 1 per second
- Temperature (displays and records temperature while you ride)
- Shock Resistant
- Operating temperature -20°C to +55°C
- Connected features via a smartphone yes
- Compatible with Garmin Connect™ Mobile
- Save up to 180 hours of history
- Save up to 200 waypoints/favorites/locations
- Unit dimensions, WxHxD: 2.0 x 3.4 x 0.9 in / 5.2 x 8.6 x 2.4 cm
- Display size, WxH: 1.7 x 1.4in / 4.4 x 3.5 cm
- Display resolution, WxH: 176 x 220 pixels
- Touchscreen: yes
- Weight: 2.8 oz / 80 gr
- Battery: rechargeable lithium-ion
- Battery life: up to 20 hours
- Water resistant: yes (IPX7)
- GPS-enabled: yes
- High-sensitivity receiver: yes
- One Year Consumer Limited Warranty Garmin’s non-aviation products are warranted to be free from defects in materials or workmanship for one year from the date of purchase. Within this period, Garmin will, at its sole option, repair or replace any components that fail in normal use. Such repairs or replacement will be made at no charge to the customer for parts or labor, provided that the customer shall be responsible for any transportation cost.
This warranty does not apply to:
(i) cosmetic damage, such as scratches, nicks and dents;
(ii) consumable parts, such as batteries, unless product damage has occurred due to a defect in materials or workmanship;
(iii) damage caused by accident, abuse, misuse, water, flood, fire, or other acts of nature or external causes;
(iv) damage caused by service performed by anyone who is not an authorized service provider of Garmin; or
(v) damage to a product that has been modified or altered without the written permission of Garmin. In addition, Garmin reserves the right to refuse warranty claims against products or services that are obtained and/or used in contravention of the laws of any country.
Garmin’s navigation products are intended to be used only as a travel aid and must not be used for any purpose requiring precise measurement of direction, distance, location or topography. Garmin makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of map data.
Repairs have a 90 day warranty. If the unit sent in is still under its original warranty, then the new warranty is 90 days or to the end of the original one year warranty, depending upon which is longer.
- Edge 510
- Bike mount
- AC charger
- USB cable