The Adventure Mountain Backpacker Medical Kit is the largest comprehensive first aid kit offered by Adventure Medical Kits. It is stocked with enough items to address the common first aid needs of up to 2 people who are out on adventures spanning not more than 4 days. The Backpacker’s hospital-quality contents set the standard in wilderness first aid and are handpicked to prepare you for whatever you may encounter. What we love about the Backpacker is how well-organized it is: all the supplies are organized into clearly-labeled, injury-specific compartments under the Easy Care™ Organization System, making it easy to find what you need quickly.
Our in-depth features analysis are forthcoming. For now, here is how Adventure Medical Kits puts it:
- Wilderness Medicine: A Condensed Guide- Know how to treat common backcountry injuries and illnesses with the up-to-date wilderness first aid information in this hiking first aid guide, edited by Christopher Van Tilburg, MD.
- Find it Fast Design. Find supplies quickly using the external kit map for fast reference of all kit contents and the Easy Care First Aid® System, which organizes contents by injury into clearly-labeled pockets.
- Hospital-Quality Wound Care. Clean and close injuries with supplies that set the standard in backcountry medicine, including an irrigation syringe, butterfly bandages, tincture of benzoin, and a variety of dressings.
- Trauma Supplies. Stop bleeding quickly with a large trauma pad to control bleeds from severe falls. Stabilize sprained ankles or strains with the elastic bandage so you can hike out safely..
- Backcountry Medications. Manage fevers, stomach aches, pain, and allergies until medical help can be reached. This medical bag contains multiple doses of common medications to keep you going on longer trips.
- Blister Prevention & Protection. Stop blisters before they start with moleskin, the most reliable dressing to reduce friction and prevent the #1 hiking injury. The 14 die-cut pieces are shaped to fit common problem areas.
Cuts & Scrapes:
- 5 – Easy Access Bandages®, 1″ x 3″ Fabric
- 5 – Easy Access Bandages®, Knuckle Fabric
- 4 – Butterfly Closure Fabric Adhesive Bandage
- 6 – Antiseptic Wipe
- 2 – Triple Antibiotic Ointment
- 4 – Alcohol Swab
- 1 – Tincture of Benzoin
Instruction / Instrument:
- 1 – Wilderness First Aid Manual
- 1 – EMT Shears, 4″
- 1 – Splinter Picker/Tick Remover Forceps
- 3 – Safety Pin
- 1 – Register Your Kit Card
- 3 – After Bite® Sting & Bite Relief Wipe
- 2 – Diamode (Loperamide HCI 2 mg.), 2 Pkg./1
- 6 – Aspirin (325 mg.), 3 Pkg./2
- 3 – Antihistamine (Diphenhydramine 25 mg.), 3 Pkg./1
- 8 – Ibuprofen (200 mg.), 4 Pkg./2
- 8 – Acetaminophen (500 mg.), 4 Pkg./2
Stop Bleeding Fast:
- 1 – Trauma Pad, 5″ x 9″
- 2 – Nitrile Glove
Wound Care / Blister / Burn:
- 1 – Wound Irrigation Tool, 10cc. with 18 Gauge Tip
- 4 – Sterile Gauze Dressing, 4″ x 4″
- 4 – Sterile Gauze Dressing, 2″ x 2″
- 2 – Sterile Non-Adherent Dressing, 2″ x 3″
- 1 – Elastic Bandage with Hook & Loop Closure, 2″
- 1 – Conforming Gauze Bandage, 2″
- 1 – Tape, 1″ x 10 yd.
- 14 – Moleskin, Pre-Cut & Shaped Pieces
- 2 – Cotton Tip Applicator
Our clear and concise specs will be ready soon. For now, here is how Adventure Medical Kits puts it:
- Size: 7.5″ x 3.5″ x 6″
- Weight: .95 lbs
- Group Size: 1 – 2 People
- Trip Duration: 1 – 4 Days