We’re looking for a Part-Time Bike Mechanic or Sales Person to join our shop team!
The ideal candidate will be someone who is excited to support our well rounded shop team. The best candidate will either bring strengths in bike mechanics, bike and accessory sales or both.
Backgrounds of strong candidates for the position:
- Strong bike mechanic.
- Intermediate bike mechanic who is experienced and comfortable on the sales floor.
- Highly experienced bike shop sales person, experienced in bikepacking.
We’re looking for someone with the following availability:
- Monday 11-6 (regular shift, year round)
- Saturday 11-5 (during our busy months, October-December & February-March)
- Tuesday or Wednesday 11-5 (during extra busy times. Not required but helpful if available)
For someone who loves bicycles, bikepacking and bicycle touring, this job puts you at the epicenter of everything great, from the products we sell, to the city that we are in, to our customers. This job is something special. Your efforts will have a direct impact on inspiring people to get out and adventure by bike.
- Campfire is NOT your everyday bike shop. Between our focus on bikepacking and our unique capabilities as ecommerce marketers, there are many exciting aspects of this business that you’ll experience, learn from and be a critical part of. You’ll work closely with a dynamic, talented team.
- You’ll get to share your unique stories and experience with folks who come into the shop and inspire them to ride more.
- Campfire Cycling is committed to creating a work culture where all identities feel welcome and comfortable in being and expressing themselves. We embrace all genders, ages, cultures, ancestries, ethnicities, races, colors, sexual orientations, physical abilities, learning styles, religions, familial statuses, marital statuses, occupations, veteran statuses, nationalities, citizenships, socio-economic statuses, and the many forms of composite subjectivity and life experiences.
- Building Stock and Custom Bikes. (for bike mechanic candidates)
- Intake and completion of Bicycle Repairs. (for bike mechanic candidates)
- Sales of bikes, parts and accessories.
- Care and upkeep of repair shop and sales floor.
- Customer Service including answering phone calls/email messages.
- Desire to be a constant learner.
- Maintain a safe and organized work environment.
- Be an ambassador for bicycle camping and the Campfire brand.
- Work with Shop Manager to improve shop and experience.
- Bike Shop Mechanical Experience. (for bike mechanic candidates)
- Wheel building experience. (for bike mechanic candidates)
- Ability to diagnose bicycle mechanical issues.
- Knowledge of bikes and parts.
- Comfort working in a fast paced environment.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to solve problems with creativity and safety in mind.
- Care and appreciation for the customer experience.
We are a small team of cyclists focused on running a great bike shop with a specialty focus on bikepacking.
- Learn about our story and our team.
- $18 to $20 per hour depending on experience.
- Access to wholesale pricing and pro deals on cycling and camping gear.
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to Jobs.
A fun day at the shop with some very boring, not at all notable bikepackers