We’re looking for a Part Time Bicycle Mechanic to join our team!
The ideal candidate will be someone who can turn a rad wrench, bring great energy to the shop and takes pride and ownership of every detail and aspect of their work.
This is a 20 hour per week job with the following hours:
- Friday 11-6
- Saturday 11-5
- Monday 11-6
Why Work With Us?
For the right person, working at Campfire Cycling will be a joyful experience. Your efforts will have a direct impact on inspiring people to get out and adventure by bike.
- For someone who loves bicycles, bikepacking and bicycle touring, this job puts you at the epicenter of everything great, from the products we sell, to the city that we are in, to our customers. This job is something special.
- This is NOT your ordinary bike shop. Between our focus on bikepacking and our unique capabilities as ecommerce marketers, there are many exciting aspects of this business that you’ll experience, learn from and be a critical part of. You’ll work closely with a dynamic, talented team.
- You’ll get to share your unique stories and experience with folks who come into the shop and inspire them to ride more.
- Campfire Cycling is committed to creating a work culture where all identities feel welcome and comfortable in being and expressing themselves. We embrace all genders, ages, cultures, ancestries, ethnicities, races, colors, sexual orientations, physical abilities, learning styles, religions, familial statuses, marital statuses, occupations, veteran statuses, nationalities, citizenships, socio-economic statuses, and the many forms of composite subjectivity and life experiences.
- Building Stock and Custom Bikes.
- Intake and completion of Bicycle Repairs.
- Sales of Parts and Accessories.
- Care and upkeep of repair shop and sales floor.
- Customer Service including answering phone calls/email messages.
- Desire to be a constant learner.
- Maintain a safe and organized work environment.
- Be an ambassador for bicycle camping and the Campfire brand.
- Work with Shop Manager to improve shop and experience.
- Seasonal help in shipping.
- Bike shop Mechanical Experience (community shop time welcome)
- Ability to diagnose bicycle mechanical issues.
- Wheel building experience.
- Knowledge of Bikes and parts.
- Comfort working in a fast paced environment.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to solve problems with creativity and safety in mind.
- Care and appreciation for the customer experience.
- Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination.
We are a small team of cyclists focused on running a great bike shop with a specialty focus on bikepacking.
- $18 to $20 per hour depending on experience.
- Access to wholesale pricing and pro deals on cycling and camping gear.
Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Back to Jobs.