With this program we aim to work with FUGA leaders to develop bikepacking skills so they in turn can lead FUGA bikepacking rides, passing on those skills to FUGA members.
In conjunction with this leadership training, we are developing a bikepacking gear library. The initial use of this gear library will be to support this leadership training program. The library will open up to all FUGA members at the new year as FUGA begins their bikepacking program.
We have developed these programs to expand access to bikepacking skills and gear to underserved communities in Tucson.
Check back on this page for information and updates on our FUGA Leadership Program
Leadership Event Calendar
- Thurs. Sept. 8, 7 to 9pm – Intro to Camping at Campfire
- Sat. Sept. 10, 2pm to Sun. Sept. 11, 10am – FUGA Beginner Campout @Mtn Lemmon
- Wed. Sept. 28, 6 to 8pm – FUGA Intro to Bikepacking & Gear Library @Campfire
- Tues. Oct. 18, 6 to 8pm – FUGA Maintenance Skills @BICAS Part 1
- Thurs. Oct. 20, 6 to 8pm – FUGA Maintenance Skills @BICAS Part 2
- Sat. Nov. 12, 5 to 7pm – FUGA Community Ride & BBQ
- Sat. Dec. 3 to Sun. Dec. 4 – FUGA First Bikepacking Trip